People always say that hospital happens to be one of the most haunted places on earth. Most probably, its due to the number of deaths occured in one place more than anywhere. During the period I stayed in Taman Desa Hospital, I was haunted by mysterious noises and people. Actually, I never realized that there were ghosts lurking along the hospital corridors. Every night, I could hear children playing and laughing just outside the lobby the floor I stayed in but I did not suspect anything although it did occur to me before why weren’t the nurses bothered by the children who should be at bed in the late hours.
One day, a lady (could say she looked quite the rich and fussy type) admitted into the bed next to mine. At night as usual, the noises of children playing and laughing started and it went on the whole night. The next morning, the lady grumbled of lack of sleep due to the noises down at the lobby. Again, that very night, the noises started again. This time, the lady could not take it anymore and even asked me if I was bothered by noises. I simply shrugged because to tell the truth, I was already used to it. The lady then called the nurse attending the night shift and scolded her for not keeping the children’s voices low. The nurse simply replied she could not hear a thing but the lady insisted that the nurse was lying. It wasn’t until the next morning another day shift nurse told her that there was nothing they could do because these are ghost children.
Another encounter I had was when I was just admitted into the Taman Desa Hospital. At one time, I was awaken by an old man standing visiting my bed neighbour. Every day I could see him standing there smiling at me when I noticed him but he never spoke a word to the person he was visiting. That evening, my girlfriend was sleeping soundly by my bedside when I was suddenly awaken. As usual, I saw the old man and smiled back at him. This time around, he spoke to me. We chatted for a while until the old man told me he had to leave. We said our goodbyes and he left. My girlfriend woke up and asked me who I was talking to and I told her about the old man that always visited my bed neighbour. She looked at me with a funny look and asked me who I was talking about. She could not see any old man at all. I never saw the old man again, though.
If we adhere to theory — ghosts are deceasedhumans, while demons and angels are not of earthly origin. Both are known to have stronger powers than your average ghost. You’ll find a demon more apt to move objects and possess the human body, just as you’ll find an angel more awe inspiring and willing to help the suffering human condition than a ghost.
Why would a demon be stronger than a ghost, or deceased human? Depending on our beliefs, we can understand why angels, blessed with powers from higher dimensions are maybe stronger than deceased humans, but why a demon? In fact, why either entity since we too are of the same cosmic fabric? If I had an answer it would be “experience” or that they have been in that realm for so much longer. When we cross over, that is relatively new territory for many souls. For demons and angels, this is their long endured habitat and home. The demon is cunning and the angel enlightened. Really, you can think of it as a good/bad adult (demon/angel) dealing with an inexperienced child (ghost). They hold the experience we lack and are full of tricks (demons), or miracles (angels) of which either inspire or frighten us. Ị also think miracles and tricks are inherent in us too, but they are more readily accessible and producible by these beings because this is what they have been doing for many life-times. I think our abilities and faults are a microcosm of theirs.
With this said, it doesn’t mean that ghosts cannot be the very thing angels and demons are. An entity, once human, can descend or ascend into either characteristic. A child, once loved on earth, can come back and lift the spirits (literally) of those most dear to it and be called an angel. A person who has crossed over from irreparably painful circumstances can spiral into negativity and do demonic things.
Sometimes when people first get interested in ghost investigation, they wonder what places may be the best to find ghosts. The reality is that ghosts may be found anywhere; there are no rules or boundaries a disembodied soul must adhere to. It’s really the choice and preference of each ghost. Ghosts may hang around whatever, whomever or wherever they please. The choice could be one of comfort or opportunity, depending upon what drives the mind of the earthbound spirit.
That said, we tried to make a short list of some places that present the best possibilities for encountering ghosts. Keeping in mind that ghosts may follow a person for any reason imaginable, let’s take a look at some places that people have witnessed ghost activity – haunting. Let’s assume ghosts are dwelling there. Some of these places are not surprising:
1) Hospitals – These places are commonly haunted by ghosts. They may be the spirits people who have passed and are disoriented, resident ghosts of doctors and nurses who are still practicing, or the victims of tragic and sudden deaths who are looking for assistance by emergency personnel.
2) Nursing Homes – Sad to say, “rest homes” are often viewed as places full of people waiting to die. Need we say more? Care facilities often experience ghosts of patients seen wandering the halls.
3) Mental Health Facilities – Ghosts of the mentally traumatized sometimes choose to remain behind. Our experiments with recording the voices of ghosts at these hospitals have yielded plenty of results. These places are notoriously haunted.
4) Churches – Yes, we said it: churches. Religious places, including synagogues, churches, sacred sites, etc are often home to resident ghosts looking for direction. It is especially so for those who have fearfully been told they will end up in either a heaven or a hell after passing. Some ghosts are looking for forgiveness; others for heaven. Others fear eternal punishment. We have recorded ghosts pleading for help outside church doors.
5) Cemeteries – We know. We know. It has been said, “Why would ghosts want to stay at places that are uninviting such as graveyards? Many people have accounts of haunting experiences that took place at burial sites. Some ghosts may be protective of their graves; others might find it a peaceful place to wander. It’s possible that there are ghosts who are awaiting the resurrection of their former bodies (that will not happen). We are not sure, but we have recorded the voices of ghosts in these hallowed places too.
6) Prisons – Tragedy, murder, punishment, fighting, pain, suffering and more has taken place inside the walls of penitentiaries. There have been numerous ghostly sightings and encounters behind the bars of active and abandoned reformatories and jails.
7) Police Stations – While we are mentioning prison cells, we best not forget police departments. It has been said that ghosts looking for their murderers to be caught or for their bodies to be found will often try to get messages through to officers of the law. Police stations are not the only public service places visited by ghosts. For some reason, fire stations also seem to have their fair share of haunting.
8) Battlegrounds – Place of tragedy, high mortality and trauma are often haunted by the ghosts who suffered there (and still suffer there). These ghosts seem trapped in time, seeking an end of some sort to their emotional pain.
9) Orphanages – Stories of ghost children are said to have been sighted in many a orphanage. It’s possible that some children passed while residing at these homes, especially if now abandoned. It is also possible for ghosts of children who find orphanages that are active to be drawn toward the possibility of interacting with other children.
10) Theaters/Movie Lots – These places are often beloved places of energy, bustling with stories played out on stage and screen. Ghosts of former actors, directors and people who worked behind the stages and sets seem to love the atmosphere. The ghosts of spectators have also been sighted at these places. They, too, apparently love the environment. We guess for some, the show must go on!
Ghost Places: Places Rumored to be Haunted by Ghosts Some will say that ghosts cannot manifest without people around them. It is theorized that the disembodied spirits need other human energy to be able to gain enough power to become active. However, this does not explain the innumerable sightings of ghosts witnessed by multiple people at abandoned buildings and grounds, etc. Obviously, sites that have a history of tragedy present a good chance for haunting. The following places to look for ghosts receive our “honorable mention,” with a couple of them only being rumored as potential hot spots:
11) Railroad Yards – Danger lurks with silent but deadly trains slowly moving. 12) Shipyards – Tragic accidents from the past… 13) Restaurants – Sometimes a favorite of people coupled with lots of history… 14) Bars & Taverns – Some ghosts still wish to experience their vices… 15) Antique Stores – Emotional attachments to things considered important… 16) Apartment Buildings – Lives formerly lived… 17) Older Ships – Some ghosts still sail, it is said… See: Ghost Ships 18) Sports Arenas – High energy and the thrill of the game some say… 19) Airports / Bus Stations – Traveling specters? Hmm… 20) Courtrooms / Court Houses – Great place to eavesdrop or try and get a word to someone important, like a judge… 21) Dentist Offices – Rumor has it but why? 22) Parks – Beautiful scenery, these places inspire and bring peace to some ghosts…
CHANCES ARE because you are visiting this website that you are interested in ghosts. Perhaps you have been on ghost hunts or are even a member of a ghost investigation group. But have you ever thought about what you would do if you ever really came face-to-face with a ghost? Or what you should do?
Here are 8 things you should do if you see a ghost:
DON’T FREAK OUT
As much as many of us think we know how we’d react if we saw a genuine apparition, we don’t really know until it happens to us. Perhaps you like to think you would be brave, but you might just freak out. And that is not unusual. It’s our instinctive fight-or-flight response in the face of the unknown kicking in. We have seen experienced ghost hunters scream and run out of a room at the slightest noise or movement.
Whether you are on a ghost hunt seeking spirits or you spontaneously encounter an apparition (how it most often happens), fight the urge to panic and flee. After all, this might be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Not many people have this privilege.
Although your heart might be pounding and you mind racing, try to remain calm and still. Ghosts, for the most part, are completely harmless.
If this is a residual haunting – a kind of recording on the environment – then you probably will not be able to communicate with it. The ghost will not even notice you. That would be like trying to communicate with a video recording; no interaction is possible.
If this is an intelligent haunting, however – a true spirit of a once-living person – you might be able to get a reaction. The spirit might look at you, possibly as intrigued by you as you are of it.
Calmly talk to the spirit, just as if you are talking to a person you just met. Introduce yourself. Ask its name. Be calm and respectful. There is no guarantee that you will get a response, audible or otherwise, but it’s worth a try.
If you have a camera in hand, by all means try to discreetly photograph the spirit. Even if it’s just your cell phone camera, get some shots. But use the best camera you have available.
Do not use the flash. The flash might wash out the figure of the spirit or cause unwanted reflections and glare. Without the flash, this will mean that you will have to hold the camera as perfectly still as you can as you snap the picture, especially in low-light situations, to avoid blurring. Yes, your hands might be shaking, but do your very best.